Detroit, known as the Motor City, is famous for its rich automotive history and vibrant casino scene. The city has three major casinos, each offering a unique dining experience as an all-you-can-eat buffet. These Detroit Casino buffets offer succulent seafood to delectable desserts; the Detroit Casino Buffet scene is a culinary jackpot waiting to be discovered.
MGM Grand Detroit – Palette Dining Studio
The Palette Dining Studio at the MGM Grand Detroit is a feast for the senses. This sleek and modern buffet offers an extensive selection of dishes that cater to every palate. The buffet is divided into several sections, each featuring a specific cuisine. Dive into a variety of seafood options, including crab legs, shrimp, and oysters, or explore international flavors at the Asian and Italian stations. End your meal on a sweet note with a visit to the impressive dessert station, featuring mouthwatering cakes, pies, and pastries.
MotorCity Casino Hotel – Assembly Line Buffet
Step into a world of culinary delights at the Assembly Line Buffet, located in the MotorCity Casino Hotel. This industrial-chic buffet offers an array of dishes that celebrate Detroit’s automotive history. Start your dining journey with a selection of soups and salads, and then move on to the carving station, where you can enjoy succulent meats such as prime rib, ham, and turkey. Don’t miss out on the MotorCity special – a Detroit-style Coney dog that pays homage to the city’s signature dish. Save room for dessert, as the Assembly Line Buffet boasts a wide variety of sweet treats, including a create-your-own sundae station.
Greektown Casino-Hotel – Monroe Market
The Monroe Market at the Greektown Casino Hotel offers a unique take on the traditional casino buffet. Instead of one continuous buffet line, Monroe Market features a collection of six distinct food stations, each serving a different cuisine. Indulge in American classics at the Grill, or try authentic Italian fare at the Pasta station. If you’re in the mood for Asian cuisine, Noodle Art offers a variety of noodle dishes and sushi rolls. Don’t forget to stop by the Bakery for a delectable assortment of pastries and baked goods.
Little River Casino Resort – Big Lake Buffet
Venture outside of Detroit to the Little River Casino Resort in Manistee, and you’ll discover the Big Lake Buffet. This spacious buffet offers diverse dishes, including a seafood station featuring crab legs, shrimp, and mussels. The carving station boasts succulent prime rib and turkey, while the international station allows you to sample flavors from around the world. Top off your meal with a visit to the dessert station, where you can indulge in a variety of sweet treats, including cakes, cookies,
Non-Casino Buffet Options
Detroit offers a variety of non-casino buffet options for those seeking an all-you-can-eat dining experience. Here are some popular non-casino buffets in Detroit:
- Bistro 555 – Located inside the Greektown Casino Hotel, Bistro 555 is open to the public and offers an all-you-can-eat brunch buffet on Sundays. The buffet features a variety of breakfast and lunch options, including made-to-order omelets, waffles, fresh fruit, salads, and more.
- Sweet Lorraine’s Fabulous Mac n’ Cheez! – While not a traditional buffet, this restaurant offers a unique mac and cheese bar where diners can create their custom mac and cheese dishes with various toppings, cheeses, and sauces.
- Sindbad’s Sunday Brunch Buffet – Located near the Detroit River, Sindbad’s offers a Sunday brunch buffet with a seafood-centric menu, including crab legs, peel-and-eat shrimp, smoked salmon, and more. The buffet also features traditional brunch items like omelets, waffles, and carved meats.
- Polish Village Cafe – Although not a buffet, this Hamtramck-based restaurant offers a family-style dining experience with generous portions of traditional Polish dishes. It is an excellent alternative for those seeking variety without the buffet setup.
- International Buffet – This buffet in Dearborn offers a diverse range of cuisines, including Middle Eastern, Indian, Chinese, and American. The International Buffet is known for its fresh and flavorful dishes, making it a popular dining destination for locals and visitors alike.
These non-casino buffets and dining options offer a variety of flavors and cuisines to suit every palate. From traditional brunch options to international cuisine, Detroit’s non-casino buffet scene has something for everyone.
Final Thoughts on Detroit Casino Buffets
Outside of things to do in Mid-Michigan, Detroit offers an exciting and diverse buffet scene beyond its famous casino buffets. With numerous options ranging from all-you-can-eat seafood to international cuisine, the city provides a culinary adventure for every taste. By exploring both casino and non-casino buffet options in Detroit, you can indulge in a fantastic dining experience that captures the unique flavors and atmosphere of Motor City. Don’t miss out on the chance to savor these enticing all-you-can-eat destinations on your next visit to Detroit.