It’s a slice of a true American farming community in the Thumb of Michigan. John Kinde founded the village in the 1880s during the region’s transition from lumbering to agriculture. A lumber yard, general store, grain elevator, and post office were established followed by a train station in 1882 for the Port Huron and Northwestern Railroad, (PH & NW).
The Kinde depot still operates today as a final stop in the Upper Thumb for the Huron and Eastern Railway. The railroad operates 394 miles of track in The Thumb and Flint/Tri-Cities area of Michigan
Related Reading for Kinde Michigan
- The Side-Wheel Steamer of the City of Alpena
- The Huge Forrestville Dock and the Iron Chief Boat House
- Port Crescent Sand and Fill Operations Before It Was A State Park
- Loading Iron Ore in Marquette Michigan